New Attendee Orientation
Last year at the conference formerly known as BlogWorld, members of the NMX team had the honor and pleasure of spending most of our time in the New Media Lounge where we could talk with attendees, answer questions, take comments and even offer tips about getting the most out of one’s conference experience. This got us to thinking….what if we offered our brand new attendees the opportunity to have their questions answered ahead of time? What if we got to show them around a bit so they didn’t feel so ”new” when the conference starts?
A new attendee orientation is born.
On Sunday, January 6th, 2013 at 10:30 a.m., we will be holding a New Attendee Orientation in the New Media Lounge (adjacent to the Expo floor).
In the orientation, new attendees will:
- Learn about NMX from the NMX Founders.
- Receive a description of the different educational content from track leaders and conference directors
- Receive a description of the show floor, plus tips for making the most of the exhibits from the NMX sales team.
- Take a tour of the Rio’s conference facility
- Receive tips and best practices for making the most of networking, learning and having a positive conference experience from NMX’s community director (Yours Truly).
- Have questions answered by the NMX team.
Reaching out to new attendees throughout the event
In addition to the orientation, we’d like new attendees to know we’ll have their backs throughout NMX.
Ambassadors: We’re going to be appointing a couple of attendee ambassadors. These ambassadors are long time alumni who are passionate about NMX and will be available throughout the conference to answer questions and give directions or advice.
Wristbands: New attendees will receive wristbands in addition to their badges. We are going to encourage all attendees, speakers, exhibitors to seek out new attendees to make sure they’re having the best experience possible.
New Media Lounge: Members of the NMX team are going to be keeping office in the New Media Lounge. We’ll be there to answer questions and also to learn more about all our attendees. We’ll be receiving your feedback, hearing your ideas and listing any concerns.
How to attend the new attendee orientation
As space is limited, the orientation is only open to new attendees who are already registered or will be registering to attend NMX. There is no cost to attend the orientation but we’ll gladly accepts smiles, handshakes and hugs.
Please sign up for the new attendee orientation below: