Show Management welcomes the participation of all members of the professional media. Editorial press and members of the media that plan to cover the show, the business of blogging, podcasting, and various forms of new media, will receive special consideration at the event. However, due the nature of the new media industry and the primary topics covered by this event, many individuals who may be considered “press” or “editorial” at other shows or conferences will not be issued complimentary or editorial media badges.
Complimentary Editorial Media badges will only be issued to reporters who are directly covering the show in an editorial capacity for a recognized business or technology news source. Topics must specifically relate to coverage of the show, Internet trends, blogging, podcasting, new media, social media networking or online marketing and communications trends. Editorial topics in other industries (politics, sports, leisure, social, etc.) qualify the individual as a traditional show attendee, not as press.
PR Firms, publishers, ad sales personnel, analysts and advertising agencies will not receive media badges.
To apply for a press credential, you must complete the online application available at the link below. Please be prepared to upload or submit the following information.
- Three (3) published pieces you have authored in the past year about Internet trends, online communities, blogging, new media or marketing communications trends.
- A letter from the editor-in-chief or producer on your media outlet’s letterhead defining an assignment to cover the show or related topic.
- Publication circulation
- If you write for a web site, blog, podcast or other new media outlet that has an exclusive focus on the business of blogging/new media, you will be considered for a press credential only if you have had regular postings for at least twelve months and had significant readership.
- URL for your primary site. Applicants must submit traffic data from a third party (Sitemeter, Technorati, Feedburner, etc) in order to be considered.
- Links to three (3) specific articles or media that you have authored/produced.
- Assignment letter outlining the specific story line or coverage that is planned for the show or related topic.
IMPORTANT: Applications received without these materials will not be processed. If you plan to register on-site at the show (or register AFTER January 1st), you must bring these items with you to the show for qualification.
Show management reserves the right to pre-qualify all Editorial Media registrants and only grant Editorial Media badges to those professionals meeting these editorial guidelines. This process is at the sole discretion of show management. Approved press will receive a complimentary media badge. To register for press credentials and media badges please click the continue button at the bottom of the page.
Note: Editorial credentials will be issued to individuals who are covering industries of blogging, podcasting or new media. Indirect relationships will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis for coverage and credential availability. Advance registration is highly recommended, as there will be delays on-site due to significant walk-up registration foot traffic. Avoid the lines; apply for your credentials online in advance.