(General Manager, Internet Media Labs)
A 20-year veteran of newspaper journalism, Amy Vernon is General Manager of Social Marketing for NYC tech startup Internet Media Labs, which creates tools and platforms to help tame the social web.
Amy worked at newspapers around the United States for 20 years — including on The Miami Herald team that won the 1992 Pulitzer for public service — before becoming a writer and consultant for sites and publishers around the world. Amy is an inaugural inductee of the New Jersey Social Media Hall of Fame and top female submitter of all time on Digg.com.
Connect With Me:
How To Build Your Blog Community: Three Top Bloggers Share Their Secrets
Blogging > Community > Building Community
Education Level: Intermediate
The biggest community builders online aren’t celebs that get mobbed at the mall. They’re people with a passion who engage across platforms and build huge followings. Their feisty Twitter feeds, rocking hashtag communities, and clever YouTube channels take it all beyond blogging. Baby Boomer powerhouse Linda Bernstein will lead a discussion among three of the mightiest women in on the Internet: Country music queen Jessica Northey, lifestyle entrepreneur Britt Michaelian and geek extraordinaire Amy Vernon. Listen as they share their secrets for building a community that loves you and comes back for more.
1. How to find your community. Yes, you have a blog. But maybe that’s just the beginning. Learn how to harness the power of the hashtag, or as Jessica Northey says, “hashin’ with a passion.”
2. How to keep them engaged. Yes, your followers want new content. But they also want YOU. Learn to keep your ear tuned for what brings them in.
3. How to expand your presence with new media. Blogs = great. Blogs + chats + video = you’re everywhere. They’ll find you everywhere on the Internet – and they’ll want to.
Walk The Talk: How To Write For A Global Audience
Blogging > Content > Content Creation
Education Level: Advanced
Useful, immediately applicable insights for bloggers who would want to reach out to international audiences: how, when, topics, voice etc + how to monetize with an international audience…
Focus on European perspective from a US point of view.
1. What topics to share about, how often, on what platforms, at what time of the day.
2. What voice and tone to choose to appeal to a European audience.
3. How to monetize with a European audience.
- Walk The Talk: How To Write For A Global Audience
- How To Build Your Blog Community: Three Top Bloggers Share Their Secrets