What is Speed Dating at NMX?
Speed Dating at New Media Expo is a series of pre-scheduled custom meetings between business representatives (product or service brands, advertising & PR agencies, etc.) and digital content creators, including bloggers, podcasters, web TV & video series creators. The meetings are brief, just 8 minutes long, encouraging both parties to focus in on their objectives in meeting with one another–and keeping everyone productive, allowing for several meeting during the speed dating time period.
When and where does this take place?
Speed dating takes place Jan. 6th, from 4:15 pm – 5:30 pm, adjacent to the NMX tradeshow floor. Speed dating participants will fill out a profile detailing the types of connections they’re interested in making, including such data as target demographics, current editorial needs and interests, product or service interests, and specialized areas of influence.
How do I get matched with those I want to meet?
Once registered for the show, you’ll get an invitation to log in to the software platform, and you’ll be provided with easy-to-use instructions. You’ll fill out a simple profile with your interests, and then you will be able to browse profiles and request appointments!
What happens in a speed dating appointment?
A quick exchange of background information, sharing what business needs each party has, and most importantly, the beginning of a new potential business relationship begins. While the occasional deal is made in these speed dating sessions, the majority of appointments serve to start relationships that lead to mutually beneficial business deals afterward.
Why do Businesses participate in Speed Dating?
For Businesses & Brands: This is a one-stop opportunity to quickly locate content creators who have interests aligned with what you have to offer, and to meet those qualified bloggers, podcasters, web TV & video series creators who can help tell your story to the very people you are trying to reach.
Benefits for Business participants:
- A chance to meet with professional content creators (all at one time, in one convenient place) who can help you reach your target demographics.
- An opportunity to talk about your company or product story with the most skilled, influential people who are in a position to help you with effective storytelling (and giving you firsthand critical feedback).
- Meeting Bloggers, Podcasters, Web TV & Video series creators who have the niche and readership demographics you want to target.
- Pre-screening for potential future press trips, saving valuable time and money when inviting content creators to visit your company.
- A chance to pitch or share your company’s story with targeted content creators you would otherwise be challenged to recognize or find by chance in the crowd.
- This opportunity is cost efficient as well as time saving.
- To reserve a table for your Business: Contact patti@nmxevents to purchase a Speed Dating table before they’re gone!
Why do Content Creators participate in Speed Dating?
For Content Creators (Bloggers, Podcasters, Web TV & Video Series creators): This is a rare, convenient opportunity to meet companies and PR representatives who understand the value of your digital content and want to meet and do business with you (advertising, sponsoring, consulting contracts, etc).
Benefits for Content Creator participants:
- The opportunity to meet with businesses, brands and PR representatives who are interested in meeting and working with you.
- You’re producing high quality content, and need to be aligned with quality brands, advertisers and sponsors.
- Get your company and product questions answered by people who know the answers–or get connected with the experts for follow-up conversations.
- Properly position yourself as a professional content creator, getting in front of leading businesses and brands who you should be aligned with.
- Line up future press trips and sponsored visits if applicable.
- Look for businesses that could be potential partners for your blog, podcast or web video series, whether immediately or as you continue to shape your business growth.
- Put together a few well-placed deals, and your trip to NMX will pay for itself numerous times over (and you’ll have a new, growing relationship with businesses who need you).
- All registered attendees will automatically be signed up. You will receive an email invitation to setup your profile. You’ll be able to fill in your interests there, and begin finding matches with businesses you’re most interested in meeting.