NMX welcomes the participation of all members of the professional media, and we look forward to providing you with the tools and resources to make your coverage successful. However, please understand that due the nature of the new media industry where most attendees are blogger, podcasters, and content creators, many individuals who may be considered press or media at other shows or conferences will not be issued media badges at New Media Expo.
Complimentary press and media badges will only be issued to reporters who are directly covering the show in an editorial capacity for a recognized business or technology news source. Topics must specifically relate to coverage of the show, Internet trends, blogging, podcasting, new media, social media networking or online marketing and communications trends. Primary content topics in other industries (politics, sports, leisure, social, etc.) qualify the individual as a traditional show attendee, not as press.
PR Firms, publishers, ad sales personnel, analysts and advertising agencies will not receive media badges.
To apply for a press credential, you must complete the online application available at the link below. Please be prepared to upload or submit the following information:
- Three (3) published pieces you have authored in the past year about Internet trends, online communities, blogging, new media or marketing communications trends.
- A letter from the editor-in-chief or producer on your media outlet’s letterhead defining an assignment to cover the show or related topic.
- Publication circulation
- If writing for a web site, blog, podcast or other new media outlet, please have regular postings for at least 12 months and significant readership.
- URL for your primary site. Applicants must submit traffic data from a third party (Sitemeter, Technorati, Feedburner, etc) in order to be considered.
- Links to three (3) specific articles or media that you have authored/produced.
- Assignment letter outlining the specific story line or coverage that is planned for the show or related topic.
IMPORTANT: Applications received without these materials will not be processed. The above process is at the sole discretion of show management, who reserves the right to approve media for badges only to those professionals meeting these editorial guidelines. To register for press credentials and media badges please click the continue button at the bottom of the page. Advance registration is highly recommended, as there will be delays on-site due to significant walk-up registration foot traffic.
For Media Inquiries or Questions Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org